I will today tell you about a book that had left me thinking about life. I had read a book in the recent past which was titled ‘I will go with you’ and was written by Priya Kumar. Since the moment I had turned over the last page of the book, I had changed my thinking and my perspective about so many things in life. This book had few of the answers to my unanswered questions about life, death and everything in between. The book’s description is as given below:
I Will Go with You is a journey to the end of life and the beginning of a brand new eternity. Take your seat aboard SK502 on row 26 among four evolved souls, who through their life and living take you through an escapade that will change the way you see your own life – forever.
The story is a fast paced adventure aboard a flight with a pilot who has decided to end his life by committing suicide, endangering every passenger on board. Every twist and turn leaves you gasping. On another level, the book brings you face to face with questions that linger in your consciousness long after you have turned the last page.
Come aboard a suspense filled drama of life and death woven by master storyteller Priya Kumar as she takes you on a ride that you will never forget.
There was a lot that I had taken back from this book. Let me in short highlight them for you…
- We must value time and love of someone.
- When you have a clear mind, you can think better and take the right decision.
- You can never change anyone unless they desire to change themselves. Neither can you influence someone to do what you expect them to do.
- You can never change your destiny. What’s bound to happen, it will happen.
- The people who commit suicide are so troubled that they forget what’s wrong and what’s right.
- No matter how rich or wealthy you are, if you do not consciously attain inner peace, you will always be troubled wondering why aren’t you happy though you have everything in life.
- You got to live in the moment to make your life easier to deal with. You never know what your future holds for you.
- Watch your karma.
Now there is one major lesson that I have learnt from this book and I have not mentioned in the above 8 points.
Through this story I had realised that all of us are connected to each other in a way unknown to us. Sometimes what happens to us and what we have to go through, that isn’t because of our karma, it might be because of someone else’s karma whose life is Connected to ours. This is a strange connection that we all share and we fail to realise it.
Let me try to explain this to you with the help of the story. So, the pilot of SK502 didn’t know the passengers personally at all. There was no reason for him to harm them. The passengers also had nothing against the pilot when they had boarded the aircraft. Then how was everyone connected? They were connected by destiny. Their death awaited them. The pilot was mentally unstable and wanted to commit suicide without harming anyone. He had a foolproof plan but destiny had connected everyone in a stranger manner. The pilot unknowingly landed up being the reason behind the death of the co-pilot and then the passengers and everyone else who was on board.
I know it’s strange to read all this, but the way Priya Kumar has put forward everything in her book is simply amazing. It is a must read. I promise you that this story will not disappoint you and will keep you entertained throughout. Why don’t you go ahead and read the book and then let’s have a talk about it. 🙂 What say?